hot heads tape-in hair extensions
(Hair itself) MKT Price
Final Price is determined upon consultation Starting at $450 & up
HAIR EXTENSIONS Removal
first time installation or retape
1 solid costum color
rooted or balayage
$20 (on one tab only)
tress couture (clip-In) HAIR EXTENSIONS
(Hair itself) MKT Price
Final Price is determined upon consultation Starting at $250 & up
CUSTOM COLOR ON HAIR EXTENSIONS
See color pricing in services tab
Hair extensions are a great enhancement to change your look or perhaps provide a great styling option for a special event. At Color Lounge, we offer Tape-In Hair Extensions, Clip-in Hair Extensions, custom coloring, and competitive pricing.
We use real hair extensions and can match the quality, color, and texture of your natural hair, as well as custom color your extensions to your desired look.
To get the best results at the most affordable pricing for our clients, all hair extension requests require a prior consultation. At that time, we will listen to your needs, advise you on how to get there, and provide an estimate on the service(s).
*Pricing to be estimated during consultation
*Must purchase to order first prior to installation
* This method of hair extensions will last 7-10 months because of it's re-usability.
* Afraid to commit to a hair color? Try Hot Heads Fantasy Colors Tape-In Hair Extensions! At $20 a piece, you can have fun without the commitment! Lasts between 6-10 weeks and is reusable up to 3 times!
Tress Couture Clip-In Hair Extensions
Sample Bang Video Clip
hot heads tape-in HAIR EXTENSIONS
hot heads Tape-In hair extensions
Client/End User Do's and Dont's:
1. Wait 24-48 hours before washing or chemically processing your hair.
2. Brushing: Before washing your hair, thoroughly brush it, ideally with a HOTHEADS Extension brush (ask your stylist) or use a soft, boar bristle brush; starting at the ends and working your way up, always brushing in a downward motion. Make sure you brush the roots as well to prevent from matting. You may brush thru the tape tabs with the correct brush.
3. Washing: You should never wash your hair "head over" (upside down). The best place to wash extensions is in the shower. When washing, you should only apply a small amount of shampoo on the top of your head and gently massage. Don't scrub! Most professional salon shampoos are self-cleansing, so just distribute it evenly. Rinse thoroughly.
4. Always use a good leave-in conditioner from mid shaft to ends, keeping away from the tape tabs. For best results use Hotheads Hair Care or Kevin Murphy products to keep extensions feeling soft and looking sleek and healthy. We also recommend the Black Caviar 12 in 1 Leave-In Conditioner for detangling the hair. When using styling products, hair conditioners or treatment products containing silicones or oils, use only on mid-length to ends.
5. Wear your hair in a low pony tail when swimming, exercising, and sleeping. Loosely tie your hair in a low ponytail or loose braid before going to bed.
6. Wait 48-72 hours after any chemical treatment to have extensions applied.
7. Always have a licensed cosmetologist remove and re-apply your extensions.
8. Consult a professional if you have any further questions. It is always a good idea to have a 2-week follow up appointment for a wash-and-style and to go over the proper care of your hair again. (Repetition is the best way to remember all you need to know). If taken care of properly, you should have no problem with hair loss or tangling.
1. Don't use any products containing alcohol, oil, or ethanol. Alcohol based products are drying to the hair and can compromise the strength of the adhesive bond.
2. Don't brush hair harshly.
3. Don't go to bed with your hair wet or wrap your head in a towel for long periods of time.
4. Drying: Never blow dry your hair dry on the highest settings. Excessive heat will dry out the hair and make it appear dull. Treat it like it's your own real hair. Don't use any heat on or close to the tape tabs.
5. Don't chemically process your hair at home. Rely on your salon professional for any services while wearing extensions.
6. Never remove your extensions yourself.
7. No pulling! >P
Problem: Itchy scalp.
Cause: The scalp has not adapted to the new weight, or the client may not be shampooing and rinsing properly.
Solution: No scratching; the scalp must adjust to the new weight. Just give the issue some time. It is important to rinse all product out of the hair every time. Remember, there is no latex, silicon, or other allergens in the tabs that would cause irritation.
Problem: Extensions are looking dull and brittle.
Cause: The extensions could be damaged due to excessive heat or using the wrong products.
Solution: Use a hydrating masque on natural hair and extensions. Ask your stylist for their professional recommendations.
Problem: Extensions getting matted.
Cause: Client has probably gone to bed with wet or damp hair; has kept a towel on her damp hair for too long; hasn't brushed her hair before washing; or has rubbed or massaged her scalp too much.
Solution: Brush appropriately in sections and carefully work your way up with an extension brush. Have stylist show you how to properly brush your hair.
Problem: Discoloration of hair extensions.
Cause: There are many things that could cause the hair to fade or become discolored. One more common issue at the beginning of summer is blonde extensions becoming discolored with an orange or pink tone. This is usually due to mineral deposits from chemically treated pool water, ocean, lake, well water and sunscreens. Blondes should refrain from using any care or maintenance products that are not clear or white in color.
Solution: Clarify the hair with clarifying shampoo and get a demineralizing treatment your hair salon.
Prevention: Clients should always protect their hair before exposing it to the elements. To block these elements, always rinse with water before and after swimming. Apply stylist recommended Leave-In Conditioner prior to swimming and in all cases, keep the hair extensions away form sunscreens.
* A note regarding Argan oils. The biggest Argan brand(s) pose a significant risk of discolorization.
Do you offer different textures?
We have 2 textures: natural body wave and slightly textured. Our body wave hair is able to be worn straight or wavy. The Texture Collection is designed to blend more naturally with ethnic hair types.
Can I win, exercise or go in the sauna?
Yes. We recommend rinsing the hair with water immediately before and after swimming. Another trick is to apply a stylist recommended leave-in conditioner prior to swimming. This nourishes the hair while preventing the hair from absorbing harmful elements, such as chlorine and minerals. Regarding exercise: Hair tangles when dirt and sweat build-up. Clients should wear their hair up or in a ponytail when exercising or relaxing in a sauna. They must be sure to wash their hair after working out, as well as brushing before and after exercising and showering. Exposing extensions to sunscreen may cause discoloration.
How long do the extensions last?
8-10 weeks depending on the client's hair growth. They can be reapplied up to 3 times for a total of 6-8 months of wear. This time-range is recommended to eliminate matting, frizzing and tangling, and ensures the extension is always fresh and close to the scalp and the extension bond appears seamless.
Where does the hair come from?
Our hair is 100% cuticle-on Remy human hair, from India. The extension itself is hand made in Chine with products from Asia, Europe, and the U.S.
Is it Human Hair?
Our regular extensions are 100% Remy human hair, meaning the cuticle is intact and the hair is placed with the cuticle all facing the same direction. This eliminates matting, tangling, or short hair returns. Our fantasy colors are a blend of temperature-safe synthetic and human hair. This blend allows the colors to remain vibrant. This product can be ironed and blown out just like regular human hair products. Snappies are 100% temperature safe synthetic.
Can you color it?
There are 22 colors that can be blended to over 500 different shades. If you are not able to get the blend for the desired shade you want, your stylist can deposit color down to 2-3 shades down. It is not recommended to lighten hair extensions. If you want a more platinum blonde look, your stylist can apply a toner to the 613 or 25 hair extensions. If you decide to deposit color to create your desired shade, it is recommended you wait 24-48 hours from the time of application to allow the adhesive to seal firmly. Please keep in mind coloring or lightening the extensions voids their warranty.
Can roots be retouched while the extensions are in the hair?
Yes, roots can be retouched, staying away from the adhesive tabs. If roots need to be done between extension services and there is enough new growth to keep the color off the tabs, you may do a partial retouch, along with the hairline. For best results, chemical services should be done 24-48 hours prior to application.
How do I remove them?
By a Professional Hair Extension Specialist.
Can I reuse them?
Yes, the suggested re-use is up to 3 times. After 3 uses, there is build up of sticky tape in the tab area and new hair purchases is necessary.
How much do they cost?
We love these extensions so much that we want to offer them to the public at low cost. Basically, the client will only pay for the cost of the hair with the first installment free. After that, each removal/re-tape process will be charged at $75 per hour and can take 1.5-2 hours for a full head of hair.
Brought to you by Hot Heads Hair Extensions & Beauty Solutions LLC